Welcome to the Mechanical Systems Analysis Group
The Mechanical Systems Analysis Group ...
- Mechanical aspects of multidisciplinary systems analyses.
- Structural portion of combined Structural Thermal Optical (STOP) analyses.
- Research and development to provide analytical capabilities for use in the analysis and evaluation of advanced systems.
- Senior system analysts and analytical task team discipline support to GSFC managed systems.
- Advanced general purpose hardware and software capabilities to support the digital analysis needs of the Branch.
- 3-D graphical simulations of mechanical systems for a variety of studies including robotic motion studies, field of view interaction, mechanism operation, subassembly integration, vision system verification, as well as supporting promotional videos.
- Plans and procedures for analytically monitoring system development and verification efforts.
- Necessary mechanical analyses to ensure that all aspects of the system are compatible and will perform within specification.
- The generation of models, the methods for analysis, the techniques for model verification and validation, and the administration of the computer systems needed to perform the work.
- For the definition and maintenance of the standard GSFC NASTRAN Program.